Thursday 17 May 2012

First visit as owner!!

I have the key to the gate and a big hole in my bank account - but who cares?
The feel of the wood today was so different from my other visits. Today, I knew that if I didn't want that sapling I could cut it down and I could unblock the streams or rebuild the bridge and nobody could stop me.!




The bluebells are out now, a very dark blue, and most of the trees are in leaf. Some are so tall that I cannot identify the leaves but there are oak, beech and sycamore definitely, maybe ash too. Clusters of mountain ash and a grove of holly and hawthorn. Hazel just asking to be coppiced. Around my feet, dog roses and honeysuckle, and plenty of bramble. A bank of wood sorrel that has also colonised a fallen tree, green with lichen and ferns. How many years ago did that one fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment